Many parents prefer to homeschooling their children, while many prefer to enrolling their children in public schools. It creates confusion among parents about what to choose homeschooling or public schooling. They both have their advantages and disadvantages, be it homeschooling or public education. Here we will be discussing some of the advantages and disadvantages of both homeschooling and public schooling your child, or you can say homeschooling vs. public schooling. By the end of the article, you will have a clear vision of what is better for your child, and you will be able to make a better decision between both schooling.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Public Schooling
- Beneficial for parents who have to go out for work. Most of the parents go to the office for work, and that’s the reason parents cannot look upon how their child is performing in studies. It is where public schooling is beneficial. Public schools have teachers to look after the kid.
- Get social interaction with other kids. Public schooling offers your child to have interaction with other kids of the same age.
- Gets to participate in various activities. Public school keeps on conducting multiple events in which the child can participate.
- The kids of the same age or elder can bully your child.
- Public school has various expenses such as that of uniform and various other branded supplies provided by the school.
- The public school takes care of groups or classes of students, not an individual student, which means that your child won’t get any special attention.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Homeschooling
- Parents can take care of how their child is doing in their studies. Even they can have extra attention to their kids. This facility lacks in public school.
- You prevent various expenses which are levied by public schools.
- Your child will get flexibility according to his performance. If your child lacks attention and concentration while studying, you can work accordingly to it.
- No danger of your child getting bullied by other kids. Your child will study in the comfort of home, without going through any such stress.
- Homeschooling requires the attention of parents, which won’t be possible if both parents are working.
- The child doesn’t get to interact with other kids. Kids must get socialized in such an environment where they feel comfortable. They must be left with other kids of the same age to fight loneliness and develop the habit of conversation with other people of different ages. Socialization is only possible through public schooling.
- If you are teaching your child by yourself, then chances are your child might miss learning any subject. Suppose if you are weak at mathematics, then your child may also lack at mathematics. But if your child is studying at public school, then your child will not lag in any subject, because school teachers specialize in particular subjects.
This was the article on homeschooling Vs. public schooling and these were some of the advantages and disadvantages of both homeschooling and public education. I hope that you are clear about what is better for your child’s overall development and growth.